- Christmas resignalling work: 72 hour closure of Liverpool Lime Street. 54 hour closure Edge Hill to Weaver Junction and Edge Hill to Huyton.
- Platforms 6 (old number) and 9 (old) will remain closed at Lime Street from Christmas until April.
- Sunday 21 January, Sunday 28 January, Sunday 4 February, : Lines closed Wavertree Junction to Hunts Cross / Ditton for resignalling.
- Easter 2018: Four day blockade Wavertree Junction to Crewe for signalling work. Four day blockade at Manchester Victoria for "structures", whatever that means.
- Sunday 08 April: Lime Street closed for resignalling work.
- Platforms 4 (old) and 9 (old) at Lime Street closed from April until July.
- 14 April to 29 April: Blockade for electrification between Philips Park West Junction and Stalybridge Junction; also Denton Jn to Ashton Moss North and Baguley Fold Jn to Philips Park South Jn.
- May Bank Holiday Weekend: Four day blockade Wavertree Junction to Weaver Junction for resignalling work.
- Spring Bank Holiday Weekend: Three day blockade Wavertree Junction to Weaver Junction for resignalling work.
- June/July 2018: Major blockades at Lime Street with total closure 02 June to 10 June and 14 July to 29 July. Very limited service 11 June to 13 July.
Saturday, 30 September 2017
On day one of the blockade, let's have look at what's coming up in the future:
Posted by Phil Wieland at 14:00